An Affidavit is an oath, declare to be true and one should present before a Magistrate or an authorize officer. It is in a written statement, used to prove the truthfulness of a statement in court.
Table of Contents
Format of an Affidavit
I, ———————–S/o———————Daughter of ——————-, aged around ———-years, resident of ——————–, do hereby solemnly affirm and declare as under:
- That my name as per the records is —————-(XYZ).
- That I have changed my name as _________ on (date of change of name).
- At present all the records have my new name _________.
- I am getting a public notice published to this effect in the Newspaper.
- Also, I state that (earlier name), and the (present name) is the name of the same person, and that is myself.
I am executing this declaration to be submitted to the concerned authorities for the change of name.
I hereby state that whatever is stated hereinabove is true to the best of my knowledge.
Solemnly affirmed at ________ )
On this ____ day of ______ 20 ) (Signature of the Applicant).
Verified on this day—————–at ———————that the contents of the affidavit are true and correct, nothing material has been concealed and no part of it is false.
The person who prepares an affidavit declares that the content mentioned in the affidavit is true and accurate, and nothing has been concealed or misstated.
It is necessary when a person wants to change his/her name. To file for an affidavit is the first step for the same:
Change of Name Affidavit Format
The Steps for Changing Name Legally are as follows:
Step 1: Prepare an Affidavit Format for Name Change representing the valid reasons for Changing/Correcting the name.
Step 2: Newspaper Publication
Publish the advertisement in two local Newspaper of your domicile state and save copies of that Newspaper for future reference.
Step 3: Gazette of India Publication
Publish the Notification in Gazette of India for the Name Change with required Documents and publication charges.
Address Proof Affidavit
Affidavit of residence is typically used and required for various legal issues. For citizens who have no document for address proof, an affidavit of residence needed to prove that they reside in the address they claim. The residence affidavit is necessary while applying for the following:
- Driving license
- Pan card
- Evidence claim
The list above covers only some of the instances for which an affidavit of residence required.
Affidavit Format of Address Proof
I, _________ Son of _________, Resident of ___________ do hereby solemnly affirm and declare as under:-
- That the date of birth of the deponent is _________.
- That I am continuously resident at the above-mentioned address from _________ years.
- That I hereby affix my photo and signature in this affidavit as proof of my signature and Identity.
- That apart from this affidavit, I have no other documentary proof in support of my residence.
Verified that the contents of my above affidavit are true to the best of my knowledge and belief and nothing concealed therein.
Verified at _________ on _________
Online Affidavit Sample