Table of Contents
Driving Licence in Nabha
In the city of Nabha, no person is eligible to drive a motor vehicle without holding a valid driving licence. The Nabha RTO is established as per rules of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 to provide for the building of an effective public transport system in the city. RTO Nabha is responsible for the issuance of driving licence, duplicate driving licence, international driving licence, renewed driving licence and other services related to it. To obtain a driving licence in Nabha, an applicant will have to go through an application process and then a DL test on the basis of which he will be issued the driving licence. Application for a DL in Nabha can be made by following the below-mentioned process.
Types of Driving Licence in Nabha
Below are the types of driving licences issued in Nabha on the basis of class of the vehicles.
- Motorcycle without gear
- Motorcycle with gear
- Light motor vehicle
- Heavy goods vehicle
- Heavy passenger vehicle
- Medium goods vehicle
- Medium passenger vehicle
- Invalid carriage
Eligibility Criteria for Obtaining a Driving Licence in Nabha
To obtain a driving licence in Nabha, an applicant has to meet the below eligibility criterion:
- The applicant should hold a valid learner’s licence.
- The applicant must be 18 years of age to obtain a permanent DL for driving a private vehicle
- The applicant must be 20 years of age to obtain a permanent DL for driving a commercial vehicle
- The applicant must be 16 years of age to obtain a permanent DL for driving a motor vehicle not exceeding an engine capacity of 50cc.
- The applicant should be aware of all the traffic rules and regulations.
Documents Required for Obtaining a Driving Licence in Nabha
Below is the list of documents required by an applicant while applying for a driving licence in Nabha.
- Application in Form 4
- Application in Form 5 if applying for a commercial driving license
- Age and address proof documents such as Aadhar card, PAN card
- Valid learner’s licence
- Driver refreshing certificate, if applying for commercial DL
- Application fee of Rs. 200
How to Apply for a Driving Licence in Nabha?
An individual can obtain a driving licence in Nabha only if he has a learner’s licence. Application for a driving licence in Nabha can be made online or offline, depending on the individuals choice.
Online application process for obtaining a driving licence in Nabha
- Visit parivahan.gov.in/parivahan
- Click on online services and select driving licence related services
- Enter the name of the state-Maharashtra
- Click on apply online and select new driving licence
- Fill the applicant details
- Upload the documents
- Upload photos, signature and pay the application fees (Check if this facility is available for the Nabha RTO).
- Book a slot for the driving test
- Appear for the driving test on the given date and time
- On passing the test, the DL is delivered at the applicant’s doorstep
Offline application process for obtaining a Driving Licence in Nabha
To obtain a driving licence offline, the applicant will have to visit the RTO and follow the below process:
- Collect the application form or download the form online through olps.punjabtransport.org/forms.aspx
- Fill the form with appropriate details
- Submit the form along with the relevant documents to the RTO office.
- Book a slot for the driving test.
- Visit the RTO to give the test
- If the applicant passes the test, then the DL is delivered to his doorstep.
How to obtain a Duplicate Driving Licence in Nabha?
A duplicate driving licence in Nabha is provided to an individual if his DL is stolen, lost or damaged. To obtain a duplicate DL in Nabha, an applicant will have to go through an application and a verification process.
Documents required for obtaining a duplicate driving licence in Nabha
- Application Form LLD
- Original DL, if Damaged
- FIR copy, if the licence is lost
- Age and address proof documents
- Applicable application fee
Procedure to obtain a duplicate Driving Licence in Nabha
If the applicant has lost his driving licence in Nabha, then he will have to first register an FIR after which he can apply for a duplicate DL. The application for a duplicate driving licence in Nabha can be made online through parivahan.gov.in or directly at the RTO office. The applicant will have to visit the RTO along with the original documents. On verification of the documents, the duplicate driving licence will be delivered to the applicant at his doorstep.
How to Renew Driving licence in Nabha?
Renewal of driving licence in Nabha can be done if the original licence issued to the applicant has expired. A driving licence issued in Nabha is valid for a period of 20 years or until the age of 50, whichever is earlier.
Documents required for renewal of Driving Licence in Nabha
- Application Form 9
- Medical certificate and physical fitness Form 1 and 1A, if the applicant is above the age of 50
- Copies of passport size photographs
- Original driving licence
- Applicable application fees
Procedure for renewal of Driving Licence in Nabha
Application for renewal of driving licence in Nabha can be done online through Ministry of Road Transport and Highways Website-parivahan.gov.in. Offline application can be done directly at the RTO office. The applicant will have to submit the application form and the above-mentioned documents to the RTO office. On verification of the form and the documents, the renewed DL will be issued to the applicant.
How to Obtain an International Driving licence in Nabha?
The Nabha RTO is shouldered with the responsibility of issuance of an international DL that allows an individual to drive his vehicle freely on international roads. This type of DL is issued for a period of 1 year and can be availed by an individual who is above the age of 18 years.
Documents required for obtaining an international Driving Licence in Nabha
- Valid driving licence issued from the Nabha RTO
- Valid visa
- Valid passport
- Application fee of Rs.1000
- Age and address proof documents
- Application Form 4A
Procedure to obtain an international Driving Licence in Nabha
The procedure to obtain an international DL in Nabha is hassle-free as the applicant can apply for the same online or offline directly at the RTO office. Online application can be made through parivahan.gov.in and the applicant will then have to visit the RTO along with the original documents. The offline application can be done directly at the RTO and the applicant can download the form through olps.punjabtransport.org/. Once the documents are verified, the international DL is issued to the applicant within a few days.
The Nabha RTO has made it mandatory for an individual to give a driving test to obtain a driving licence in the city. A driving licence test in Nabha is conducted as per the rules of Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, in presence of a Motor Vehicles Inspector. For the test, the applicant has to bring his own vehicle that belongs to the same class as that of the licence applied for. During the test, the applicant’s driving skills are tested and he is also asked about various traffic rules and regulations.
FAQs on Driving Licence in Nabha
What is the validity of a renewed driving licence issued for a private vehicle in Nabha?
The validity of a renewed Driving Licence issued for a private vehicle issued in Nabha is 3 years.
How can I know my Driving Licence status in Nabha?
You can know about your DL status in Nabha through sarathi.ni.in. You will have to submit basic details such as your application number and date of birth. On doing this, the status of your DL will be displayed on the screen.
Is it necessary to give the driving test at the RTO office?
Yes, as per the law, it is necessary to give the DL test at the RTO office.
I know how to drive both commercial and private vehicle, can I apply for a DL for both in Nabha?
Yes, you can apply for both commercial and private vehicle by paying an additional fee of Rs. 50.
Can I renew my Driving Licence in Nabha after 10 years?
No, you cannot obtain a driving licence in Nabha after 10 years and instead, you will have to apply for a fresh DL. Application for renewal of DL can be made within 5 years from the date of expiry of the licence.