Table of Contents
Driving Licence in Nashik
Driving Licence is one of the important documents that an individual has to carry along, while driving a motor vehicle in public areas of Nashik. The Regional Transport Office of Nashik has been established as per the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 to carry out smooth and lawful functioning of the transport system in the city. At Nashik RTO, an individual can obtain a driving Licence and various other services related to it. Obtaining a driving Licence is a simple process, if the applicant follows the below-mentioned procedure that states a step by step process explaining the DL application process in Nashik.
Types of Driving Licence in Nashik
The Regional Transport Office of Nashik issues a driving Licence to an individual on the basis of motor vehicle he wants to drive. Below is the list of driving Licence an individual can obtain in Nashik.
- Motorcycle with gear
- Motorcycle without gear
- Light motor vehicle
- Heavy goods vehicle
- Heavy passenger vehicle
- Medium goods vehicle
- Medium passenger vehicle
- Road roller
- Motor vehicle of a specified description
Eligibility Criteria for Obtaining a Driving Licence in Nashik
Nashik RTO has specified the below eligibility requirements that an individual is expected to meet to obtain a DL in the city.
- A driving Licence for a motor vehicle not exceeding an engine capacity of 50cc is issued to an individual who has attained the age of 16.
- Permanent driving Licence for a private vehicle is issued to an individual who has completed the age of 18 years.
- Driving Licence for a transport vehicle is issued on attaining the age of 20 years.
- The applicant should hold a valid learner’s Licence.
- The applicant for a permanent DL can be made 30 days after of 180 before the issuance of learner’s Licence.
- The applicant should have completed knowledge of traffic rules and regulations.
Documents Required for Obtaining a Driving Licence in Nashik
An applicant has to submit the below documents to obtain a driving Licence in Nashik
- Application Form 4
- Application Form 5, if applying for a commercial DL
- Passport size photographs
- Age and address proof documents such as passport, school certificate, voter’s identity card, PAN card, etc.
- Learner’s Licence
- Application fee of Rs. 716
- Motor training school certificate, if applying for a commercial driving Licence
How to Obtain a Driving Licence in Nashik?
Getting a driving Licence in Nashik is an easy process as the applicant can obtain it online or offline, directly at the RTO. However, to obtain a driving Licence, it’s important for the applicant to pass the driving Licence test. On passing the test, the DL will be delivered to the applicant at his doorstep. Online application process to obtain a driving Licence in Nashik Applying for a driving Licence online in Nashik can be done by following the below steps:
- Visit Ministry of Road Transport and Highways Website- parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- Click on “online services” and then select “driving Licence related services”
- Enter the name of your state-for DL in Nashik, select Maharashtra
- Click on apply online and then select new driving Licence
- Fill in the applicant details
- Upload the documents
- Upload the photos, signature and book the slot for DL test (If the applicant is not able to proceed with this, then he will have to visit the RTO and do so).
- Pay the applicable application fees
- Appear for the driving test.
- If the applicant passes the test, the DL will be issued to him
Offline application process to obtain a driving Licence in Nashik The applicant can also apply for a driving Licence directly at the RTO office by following the below steps:
- Visit the nearest RTO
- Obtain an application form from the RTO. DL form can also be downloaded online transport.maharashtra.gov.in.
- Fill in the form with the appropriate details
- Submit the form to the RTO along with the relevant documents
- Pay the application fees
- Schedule a slot for your DL test.
- Appear for the driving Licence test on the selected date and time
- Pass the test to obtain the DL
How to Obtain a Duplicate Driving Licence in Nashik?
A duplicate driving Licence is issued in Nashik to an applicant who has lost his driving Licence or if the DL is stolen or damaged. To obtain a duplicate DL in Nashik, an applicant will have to get the documents verified only on the basis of which he will be issued the duplicate DL. Documents required for obtaining a Duplicate Driving Licence
- Application Form LLD
- Application fee of Rs. 215
- 3 copies of passport size photographs
- Age and address proof documents
- FIR, if the Licence is stolen
- Driving Licence details
Procedure to obtain a duplicate driving Licence in Nashik To obtain a duplicate driving Licence in Nashik, an applicant can fill the form online or can get the form from the RTO office. The application form can also be downloaded online through Maharashtra State Transport Government Website transport.maharashtra.gov.in. On filling the form online or offline, the applicant will have to submit the required documents along with. The documents will then be verified by an RTO official and only then the duplicate DL will be issued to the applicant.
How to Renew Driving Licence in Nashik?
In Nashik, a driving Licence issued to an applicant is valid for a period of 20 years or until the age of 50, whichever is early for the applicant. On the expiry of the driving Licence, the applicant has to renew the DL within a grace period of 30 days; if the applicant fails to do so then he will have to pay an additional fee of Rs. 1000/- per year as a charge of late renewal. Documents required for renewal of driving Licence in Nashik
- Application form 9
- Application fee of Rs. 416
- 3 copies of passport size photographs
- Medical certification 1A
- Expired driving Licence
Procedure to renew driving Licence in Nashik Application for renewal of driving Licence in Nashik can be done online through parivahan.gov.in/ or directly at the RTO office. On submission of the duly filled form and the documents, the RTO official will verify them on the basis of which the renewed DL will be issued to the applicant on the same day.
How to Obtain an International Driving Licence in Nashik?
An international driving Licence is a driving Licence that an applicant can use if he wants to drive a motor vehicle in any foreign country. An international driving permit issued in Nashik is valid for a period of 1 year from the date of issuance. Documents required for obtaining an international driving Licence in Nashik
- Application form 4A
- Application fee of Rs. 1000
- Original passport
- Original visa
- Driving Licence
- 4 passport size photographs
Procedure to obtain an international DL in Nashik An applicant can apply for an international driving Licence in Nashik online or directly at the RTO office. Whether applying online or offline, the applicant will have to visit the RTO office to get the documents verified only when he will be issued the IDP in Nashik. The international DL in Nashik is issued to an applicant in person at the RTO.
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Nashik
To obtain a driving Licence in Nashik, it is mandatory for an applicant to pass the DL test. The DL test in Nashik is conducted as per rule 15 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 in presence of a Motor Vehicles Inspector who inspects the applicants driving skills. For the test, the applicant will have to bring his own vehicle which should be of the same category of the DL he is applying for. The applicant will be asked to drive along his vehicle along ‘S’ or ‘H’ shaped track and will also be asked about traffic rules and regulations. Applicant’s knowledge about familiarity with the vehicle will also be tested. If the applicant fails the test, then he can reappear for the test after 7 days.
FAQs on Driving Licence in Nashik
What is the fee for obtaining a smart card driving Licence in Nashik?
A smart card DL in Nashik is issued at an application fee of Rs. 200
Do I have to pay any fees for giving a DL test in Nashik?
Yes, you will have to pay a fee of Rs. 50 for giving the DL test in the city of Nashik.
What is the validity of a DL issued for a transport vehicle in Nashik?
The validity of a DL issued for a transport vehicle in Nashik is 3 years.
How can I know about my DL status online in Nashik?
You can know about DL status online in Nashik through sarathi.nic.in. You will have to click on status of the application, then select the name of your state, enter your DL number and date of birth. On doing this, the status of your DL will be displayed on the screen.
I have changed my residence, is it necessary to update the new address change on my DL?
If you have permanently changed your residence address, then it’s mandatory for you to change your address on your DL. To get your address changed on DL, you will have to visit the RTO that issued you the original DL and submit the Licence and new address proof there. However, if you have moved to the new place on a temporary basis, then it’s not necessary for you to change the address on your DL.