Table of Contents
Meghalaya RTO was established under the provisions of Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 and the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989. It also enforces Acts and Rules under the Meghalaya Motor Vehicles Taxation Act (Assam Act IX of 1936 as adapted and as amended by Meghalaya) and Meghalaya Motor Vehicles Taxation Rules (Assam Rules of 1936 as adapted and as amended by Meghalaya).
The main activity of the Transport Department is to administer, regulate and control Motor Vehicles by way of registration of vehicles, issue of Driving Licenses and Conductor Licenses, fostering and nurturing the development and growth of Road Transport Services in the State and to collect revenue from Motor Vehicle Tax, etc. Providing Pool Cars for use by V.I.Ps, Ministers, State Guests and Dignitaries is another important activity of the Department. The Transport department of Meghalaya and is headed by the Transport Commissioner.
Meghalaya RTO Code list PDF Download
- Articles Meghalaya RTO List Manipur
- Year 2021
- Related Department Transport Department
- Official Website Click Here
- ML RTO Code List PDF Download Click Here
- All India RTO Code List 2021 Download
RTO Codes of Meghalaya RTO 2021
|ML-01||ML government vehicles|
|ML-02||ML police vehicles|
|ML-06||West Khasi Hills|
|ML-07||East Garo Hills|
|ML-08||West Garo Hills(Tura)|
|ML-09||South Garo Hills|
Forms for Licence
Contact Details of Meghalaya RTO
Phone – 2534617, 2537810
Email – [email protected]
Functions of Meghalaya RTO
- Assessment and collection of Motor Vehicles Taxes and fees etc.
- Registration of Motor Vehicles and all other related issues.
- Issuance and Renewal of Certificate of fitness in respect of Commercial Vehicles through an inspection conducted by M. V. I.
- Issue driving license on being found fit in competency and signal test.
- Renewal of driving license.
- Control and Regulation of commercial vehicles.
- Subject to approval, direction and recommendation of the R.T.A. Board, issuance/renewal of road permits to Public Service Vehicles or transport vehicles keeping in view the great public interest.
- Detection of illegally plying vehicles through enforcement staff.
- Institution and disposal of offense cases for violation and enforcement of the provision of the Act and Rules. Disposal of offense cases and where necessary compounding of offenses on realization of cash penalty.
- Enforcement of the provision of the motor vehicles Act and Rules.
- Any other matters relating to transport administration including providing pool cars for use of V.I.P.