Table of Contents
Driving Licence in Gwalior
Obtaining a driving Licence is one of the most important processes that needs to be undertaken if an individual wants to freely drive his vehicle on Indian roads. The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 makes it mandatory for an individual to hold a valid a DL to freely drive his vehicle in public areas of India. The rule of applying for a driving Licence implies to the city of Gwalior too. If you are looking to apply for a driving Licence in Gwalior, then here’s a comprehensive guide that will help you get information about driving related services offered in the city.
Types of Driving Licence in Gwalior
The Regional Transport Authority of Gwalior issues a driving Licence to an individual on the basis of motor vehicle type. Here are types of driving Licences issued in Gwalior:
- Motorcycle with gear
- Motorcycle without gear
- Medium goods vehicle
- Medium passenger vehicle
- Heavy goods vehicle
- Heavy passenger vehicle
- Road roller
- Invalid carriage
Eligibility Criteria for Obtaining a Driving Licence in Gwalior
The Gwalior RTO issues a driving license to an individual if he meets the eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- The minimum age criteria to apply for a driving Licence in Gwalior is 18.
- The minimum age criteria to apply for a driving Licence for a motor vehicle not exceeding an engine capacity of 50cc is 16 years.
- The minimum age criteria to apply for a driving Licence for a heavy motor vehicle is 20 years.
- The applicant should hold a valid learner’s Licence.
- The applicant should have knowledge about various traffic rules and regulations.
- The applicant should apply for a driving Licence after 30 days or within 180 days from the date of issuance of the learner’s Licence.
Documents Required for Obtaining a Driving Licence in Gwalior
The following documents will have to be submitted by an applicant applying for a driving Licence in Gwalior:
- Application form 4, if applying for a DL for private vehicle
- Driver refreshing certificate and application Form 5, if applying for commercial DL
- Age and address proof documents such as passport, PAN card, Aadhar Card, LIC policy bond, house rent agreement, etc.
- Application fee of Rs. 300
- Passport size photographs
How to Obtain a Driving Licence in Gwalior?
Applying for a driving Licence in Gwalior is an easy process as the Madhya Pradesh Transport department easily enables you to apply for a driving Licence online.
Here’s how you can apply for a driving Licence online in Gwalior
- Visit www.mptransport.org/MPTS/Default.htm
- Click on ‘Licence appointment’
- Select ‘Fresh driving Licence’
- Enter your Licence number and date of birth.
- Fill in the applicant details
- Visit the RTO office along with the copies of your original documents
- Pay the application fees.
- Ask an RTO official to schedule a slot for your driving Licence test.
- Appear for the driving Licence test.
If an applicant does not wish to apply for a driving Licence onine in Gwalior
- Visit the nearest RTO
- Collect the form from the RTO office
- Fill and submit the form.
- Schedule a test for your driving Licence test.
- Appear for the test and if you pass the test, then the driving Licence is issued to the applicant within a time of few days.
How to Obtain a Duplicate Driving Licence in Gwalior?
In Gwalior, a driving license can be obtained both online or offline as per the application process the applicant is comfortable with.
Online application to obtain DL in Gwalior
- Visit https://dpes.mptransport.org/MPTS/Default.htm
- Click on license appointment
- Click on fresh
- Enter your learner’s license number and date of birth
- Book a DL test slot.
- Be present at the test venue on the given time and date.
- On passing the test, the DL will be delivered to your doorstep.
- If the applicant is unable to book the DL slot online, then he will have to visit the RTO along with the print outs of the documents to do so.
Offline application to obtain DL in Gwalior
- Visit the nearest RTO
- Collect the application form. The applicant can also download the application form https://dpes.mptransport.org/MPTS/forms.html
- Fill the form and submit it to the RTO with the relevant documents
- Pay the fees online
- Appear for the DL test
- If the applicant passes the test, the DL will be issued to him.
How to Renew Driving Licence in Gwalior?
Renewal of driving license in Gwalior needs to be done as soon as an individual completes the age of 50 or holds the license for 20 years. On expiry of the driving license, the applicant will have to get the renewed DL issued by the Gwalior RTO.
Documents required for renewal of driving license in Gwalior
- Application form 9
- Age and address proof documents
- Expired DL
- Driver refreshing certificate, if applying for renewal of commercial driving license
- Applicable application fee
Procedure to follow for renewal of driving license in Gwalior
To renew driving license in Gwalior, the application can be processed online through parivahan.gov.in/parivahan or directly at the RTO. Once the documents and the duly filled form is submitted, an RTO officer will verify them on the basis of which the renewed DL will be issued to the applicant.
How to Obtain an International Driving Licence in Gwalior?
An international driving Licence is a Licence that is issued to allow an individual drive freely abroad. An applicant can obtain an International driving Licence in Gwalior by following the below-mentioned steps:
Documents required for obtaining an International driving Licence in Gwalior
- Driving Licence
- Application form 4A
- Applicable fees of Rs. 500
- Birth certificate
- Medical certificate, if required
- Original visa and passport
Procedure for obtaining an International driving Licence in Gwalior
You cannot apply for an International driving Licence online in Gwalior. So to apply for a DL in Gwalior, you will have to visit the RTO.
- Visit the nearest RTO
- Collect the application form
- Fill the application form
- Submit the duly filled form along with the relevant documents to the RTO office.
- On verification of the documents, the International DL will be issued to the applicant within a span of few days.
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Gwalior
A driving license test in Gwalior is conducted to inspect an applicant’s driving skills on the basis of which the DL will be issued to the applicant. The applicant will have to drive along his vehicle on ‘S’ or ‘H’ shaped track depending on the type of vehicle he is applying for. The applicant will have to bring his own vehicle that should belong to the same category of license he is applying for. During the test, the applicant will have to pass the test, only then he will be issued the DL.
FAQs on Driving Licence in Gwalior
What is the fee for driving license test in Gwalior?
The applicant will have to pay an application fee of Rs. 30 for DL test in Gwalior.
How can I check my driving license status online in Gwalior?
You can check your driving license status online in Gwalior through MP government’s official website, i.e. mis.mptransport.org/MPLogin/eSewa/DrivingLicenseSearch.aspx. You will have to enter your application number and date of birth and the status of your license will be displayed online.
Can I cancel my driving license test in Gwalior?
Yes, you can cancel your driving license test in Gwalior, but you will have to appear for the test within 30 days from the date of application.
What happens if I fail my DL test in Gwalior?
If you fail your DL test in Gwalior, then you can re-appear for the test after 7 days.
Do I have to give a driving test while applying for a duplicate driving license or renewal of DL in Gwalior?
No, you don’t have to appear for a driving test while applying for a duplicate driving license or renewal of DL in Gwalior.
How can I track my driving license application in Gwalior?
You can track your DL application in Gwalior through http://oltp.mptransport.org/TrackingSystem/OTS/TrackingSystem.aspx. You will have to enter your fee receipt ID and the status will be displayed online.