Chandigarh Birth Certificate Application Form PDF – A birth certificate is an important government document. Which certifies the time and place of birth of the person. In Chandigarh, as per the Birth Registration Act, 1969, it is mandatory to register the birth of every person. The chief registrar and district registrar in the state is responsible for issuing birth certificates. You all know how important a birth certificate is a today. Birth certificates are used as primary records to avail of various services. Birth certificates are used for admission to schools and for voter ID card, Aadhaar card, and other legal procedures. In this article, we will provide you information about the process of making Chandigarh birth certificate.
Table of Contents
Registration of Birth & Death Act, 1969
Registration of Births & Deaths Act, 1969 governs a structured system/procedure for registering the Birth and death in India. According to this registration act,
- All births have to be registered with the concerned state governments within 21 days of its occurrence at the place of the event in the prescribed form of reporting.
- If the birth registration is not done within 21 days from its occurrence, then an affidavit must be filed stating the reason for the delay in registration.
- In a circumstance where a child is born in a foreign country, and the family has moved to India with an intent to settle, the registration can be done within 60 days which will be treated the same as the registration occurring within 21 days.
Reason to Obtain Birth Certificate
There are various reasons for obtaining a birth certificate, which is listed below:
- To register for a marriage certificate, one can submit the birth certificate to prove age.
- To obtain documents like Passport, Voter ID, Driving license, etc. birth certificate can be used.
- To register the name, gender, date and place of Birth, parent’s name and residential address of a person.
- To get admission in educational institutions.
- To claim insurance benefits.
- To receive pension and health insurance provided by the Government.
- For obtaining a driving license and passport in India.
- A birth certificate is essential for the settlement of inheritance and property rights.
- It is also used for claiming the right to marry at the legally permitted age.
Registration of Births
If the Birth occurs at the below-given places, then the registration of births must be done by the following specified persons:
1. Births occurred in a Hospital or Nursing Home: Any person authorized by the medical institution is eligible to register the Birth.
2. The Birth occurred in a house: The head of the household is eligible to register the Birth with the concerned authority.
3. The Birth occurred in a public place: The head of the corresponding village or the officer in charge of the local police station in the area is eligible to register the Birth.
4. The Birth occurred in jail: A person who is in charge of jail is eligible to register the Birth.
5. The Birth occurred in a mobile vehicle: A person who is in charge of the vehicle is eligible to register the Birth.
Here we provide you the direct link of the Chandigarh Birth Certificate PDF Form. The application form for the birth registration certificate can be easily downloaded by clicking on the link given below.
Application PDF Form Download For Birth Certificate Chandigarh
|Birth Registration Rorm Chandigarh
|चंडीगढ़ जन्म प्रमाण पत्र Form PDF Download
Eligibility Criteria For Birth Certificate
Any person who is the citizen or NRI born in the state is eligible for obtaining the birth certificate in the state. A birth document is issued to the parents in favor of a child by registration of Birth at the concerned authority.
Required Documents For Birth Certificate
The below following documents/records are to be furnished at the time of submitting the application form for obtaining the birth certificate.
- Poof of Birth that identifies the location of Birth.
- Marriage certificate of the parent, optional.
- Parents’ identity proof.
- Residence Proof.
- Fee Receipt/ Copy of Challan if paid in Treasury.
- Any other document (if required).
Fee for Birth Registration/Certificate
This service is offered on a payment basis. The below following charges are applicable for registering a birth in the state:
|Fee for one copy of the birth certificate
|Search fees for one year
|Registered after 1 year of Birth (late registration)
|Birth Certificate Corrections
The individual can avail the birth certificate within a specified time as fixed by the authority.
Birth Registration in Chandigarh – Offline Method
Follow the given step by step procedure for applying birth certificate through the Registrar office (refer above to know the relevant jurisdiction) in Chandigarh is explained in detail below:
Approach Registrar Office
Step 1: The applicant has to approach the nearest Registrar office/Sampark center in their locality for the registration of Birth.
Get Application Form
Step 2: Get the application form from the concerned office and have to fill out an application form in a prescribed format.
Note: Also download the application form for the birth registration, correction in birth report form and addition of name in birth certificate form from the official e-District website, Government of Chandigarh Administration.
The birth registration application form is reproduced below for the ready reference.
Fill Application Form
Step 3: Fill the application form with appropriate details without any mistakes. Provide the given following information in the application form.
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Details of parents
- Permanent Address
- Other details related to registration
Step 4: Submit an application form in the prescribed format to the concerned operator, along with all the supporting documents.
Attach Required Documents
Step 5: After applying, the applicant has to attach the specified documents along with the application form.
Step 6: Upon submission, the user will receive the transaction number to the registered mobile number informing the details about your birth registration process on successful registration. The application has to make a note on transaction Id to check the status of the application online.
Revenue Officer Verification
Step 7: Sub-registrar officer will forward the request for a birth certificate online to the concerned authority.
Prescribed Time Frame
Step 8: The applicant can collect the birth certificate within 7 working days.
Issuance of the certificate
Step 9: The concerned Department will process the birth certificate request, and after successful verification, the authorized Government Officer will issue the birth certificate.
Late Registration of Birth Certificate
In case of late registration of Birth, a separate application form needs to be submitted for obtaining the birth certificate in Chandigarh.
The late registration of birth form is below:
Late Registration of Birth Certificate: Download Here
Duly fill the application form and have to submit it to the concerned office along with the following documents and the fee prescribed above.
- Affidavit on the stamp paper of Rs. 5/-
- Child’s Residence Proof
- Certificate of the competent authority of hospital regarding Birth
- Application form on legal paper, duly filled in with court fee Rs 2/-
- Residence Proof of parents/guardians at the time of Birth.
After processing the application form, the Registrar will issue the birth certificate within 23 days from the date of application.
Corrections in Birth Certificate
In case of any corrections in the birth report, requires to submit separate application form for obtaining the modified birth certificate in Chandigarh.
The corrections in the birth report form are below:
Corrections in Birth Certificate – Download Here
Duly fill the application form and submit it to the concerned office along with the requested documents and the fee prescribed above. After processing the application form, the Registrar will issue the birth certificate. The necessary certificate can be collected personally or by post giving a self-addressed envelope with the application. It will be issued within 23 days from the date of application.
Birth Registration in Chandigarh – Online Method
The applicant can follow the steps given below to apply for the birth certificate.
Access e-District Portal
Step 1: The applicant has to visit the homepage of the e-District portal for applying birth certificate.
New User Registration
Step 2: In case of a new user of Chandigarh e-District portal of the state, register in the portal to avail the certificate services. Click on the option Citizen Login for the New User Registration.
Step 3: Upon clicking on citizen’s registration page, provide some details for the user registration such as Username, Name, Password, Gender, Date of Birth, District, State, Locality, Country, Security Question, Mobile number, EMail, Security Answer, and Aadhaar Card Number. Then click on the register button.
Step 4: On providing all details, click on the Save button, you will receive an OTP to your mobile number registered, enter the same in the place given and Click on the Active account.
Login to Portal
Step 5: After activating the account, log in to the e-District portal using your user id and user password.
Step 6: Provide the following Details for Registration and to obtain the birth certificate.
- Month and Year of Birth
- Gender of child
- Name of father, mother and child
- Place of Birth
- Address at the time of Birth
- Permanent Address
- Hospital Name
Step 7: After providing all mandatory details, click on the submit button to proceed further.
Get Acknowledgement Slip
Step 8: Once the application has successfully submitted, Acknowledgement slip with an application number will be displayed. Take a print of this slip. Keep it safe for future reference.
Track/Check Status of Application
Through SMS, the applicant will receive updates regarding the application status. Also, track the application status online via the e-District portal of Chandigarh.
Download Birth Certificate
On approval of the application, the applicant will receive a notification to the mobile number. By log in, to the e-District portal, enter the Certificate number and the application number. Then click on the submit button. Finally, download Chhattisgarh birth certificate.