The rural youth employment scheme that is Deen Dayal Upadhaya Grameen Kaushal Yojana came into force on 25th September 2014 which marks the 98th birthday of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay. It was started by Nitin Gadkari and Venkaiah Naidu with the mission to convert youth of rural India financially independent and make them a workforce which would be accepted globally. One of the best schemes running under the government of the country, it provides skill based education to the youth which automatically increases job opportunities. Once the training gets completed, the youth are offered the placements.
The DDU-GKY scheme is going on in all of the 29 states of the country. The yojana have covered around 600 districts across the country and it has been linked with 200 plus PIAs which helps the trained youth to get a job opportunity across 250 different fields including telecom, electronics, and computers to mention few of them. According to a source it this Deen Dhayal Upadhaya Yojana provided 2.7 lakhs youth of the rural area the training with more than 1.3 lakhs getting employed in the year 2016-2017.The next year that is 2017-2018 also showed immense growth in development of the youth, which clearly shows how beneficial the scheme is.
Table of Contents
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana Objective
The yojana started by union ministers Nitin Gadkari and Venkaiah Naidu main objective was to reduce the growing unemployment rate. As most of the Indian population resides in the villages of country, the main focus of this yojana laid on to train rural youth. So the DDU-GKY has provided the rural youth an opportunity to learn and earn that too free of cost. More the youth gets employed; it will drastically decrease the poverty in the rural areas. This will bring the best out of the people and thus make them self dependent. And moreover it will help youth move out of the villages and automatically create the ample opportunities for them. The Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana has set a standard for the skill to be given to the trainee so that they are easily hired by the employers.
What can be more important for the nation, the educated and trained youth of the country as youth is the future of any country. So the scheme provides youth to attain the necessary skill, the skill which is not only required in our own country, but the skill that is accepted globally. Youth are provided proper environment in the training and are shifted in such a way during training that they get to know the work environment they will get when they will get placed after trainings. During the trainings, the skill which is being learned by the student is monitored individually, thus preparing and nurturing them for placements. The state governments have understood their roles efficiently so that maximum benefit is provided to the required persons. The scheme is also running smoothly in North-Eastern States of the country with the collaboration of Ministry for Rural Development providing the special skill based trainings to the youth in the region.
DDU-GKY Candidate Application Form
Here are the methods listed by which you can get yourself enrolled in this scheme of government or a candidate can apply through these link
- You can directly apply by clicking here; where you will get candidate application form for DDU-GKY program. You just need to have your passport photograph for applying here. Fill out all the information and you will get enrolled in the program
- You need to get enrolled with gram panchayat of your village or the Gram Rozgar Sewak. When you get enrolled, you will get recommendation of nearest training centre of DDU-GKY. Then the staff of the centre will guide and counsel you.
- You can directly find the nearest training centre by checking here and just contact them directly by yourself
- Now you need to select the course you want to take and then have to find the information of nearest training centre which provides the particular course.
DDU-GKY List of Training Centers
To find your nearest training centre, you can check the state wise website of your region. You can also find the nearest training centre for this yojana at http://ddugky.gov.in/map-listing. The table below shows the websites of particular state where you can check the training centers and the courses you need for training.
State Skill Development Missions
|S.No||Name of the State||Name of the SRLM||Website|
|1||Jharkhand||Jharkhand State Livelihood Promotion Society (JSLPS)||http://www.jslps.org/|
|2||Uttar Pradesh||Uttar Pradesh Skill Development Mission (UPSDM)||http://www.upsdm.gov.in/|
|3||West Bengal||Paschim Banga Society for Skill Development (PBSSD)||http://www.pbssd.gov.in/|
|4||Chhattisgarh||Chhattisgarh State Rural Livelihoods Mission||http://bihan.gov.in/|
|7||Tamil Nadu||Tamilnadu Corporation for Development of Women Ltd.||http://www.tamilnadumahalir.org/|
|9||Punjab||Punjab Skill Development Mission||http://psdm.gov.in/|
|12||Jammu and Kashmir||Himayat Mission Management Unit, Jammu & Kashmir State Rural Livelihoods Mission (JKSRLM)||http://himayat.org/|
|14||Odisha||Odisha Rural Development and Marketing Society (ORMAS)||http://www.ormas.org/|
|15||Maharashtra||Maharashtra State Rural Livelihoods Mission||http://www.umed.in/English/DefaultEnglish.aspx|
|16||Gujarat||Gujarat Livelihood Promotion Company (GLPC)||http://glpc.co.in/|
|17||Madhya Pradesh||MP State Rural Livelihood Mission||http://www.mpraf.nic.in/NRLM.htm|
|19||Tripura||Tripura Rural Livelhoods Mission Society||http://rural.tripura.gov.in/|
|20||Bihar||Bihar Rural Livelihoods Promotion Society||http://www.brlp.in/|
The scheme is eligible for any person who is aged between 15 and 35 with the desire to change their lifestyle and living. If you have done little bit of schooling and no proper education till now, you can apply for this training. You are working as laborers, earning a living by earning daily wages and if you are part of the family where at least one member has worked in MNREGA scheme, then you are most welcome to join this scheme
You can avail benefit of the age relaxation if you are
- Person with a disability
- Victim of Human Trafficking
For taking training and benefiting from this scheme, you need to step forward yourself and need to work off your potential and push the boundaries up for yourself. You have to complete your homework assigned to you regularly and have to attend the classes daily.
DDU-GKY Courses Syllabus
This scheme offers training in around from 330 trades which are specifically job-oriented. The trades includes training a person from mechanic to working on computers at your own desk, all depending upon the candidates potential to learn and earn based on their aptitude.
The programs have been designed in such a way that industrial standards are kept in the mind. Thus setting the standards helps individual to do, know and understand the concept of particular role requirement when placed in a job offer. The programs include trades which are being recommended by National Council of Vocational Training (NCVT), Sector Skills Council (SSC) and National Skill Development Council (NSDC). The certificate obtained after training is recognized by private and government sectors which helps candidate to get a job with higher salaries. You can check the trades offer in the training and choose a best career option according to your capabilities. Moreover if you are unaware of what trade to choose you can go through online aptitude test to check in which trade you are good and thus helping yourself with the best course to choose.
Documents Required to Enroll in DDU- GKY
Following documents are required to get enrolled in this yojna
Age and Identity Poof
- Any Govt Issued Photo ID card like Aadhaar Card or Voter Card
- If there is no birth date listed on your above cards, than you need to produce your birth certificate
- MNREGA worker card of any member of the family, who have completed at least 15 days at the work
- BPL Card
- BPL PDS or AAY card of your house
- RSBY card (Rashtiya Swasthaya Bima Yojana) of your family.
Proof for claiming Reservation or age relaxation limit
- SC/ST certificate
- Disability Certificate by Registered Medical Practitioner
DDU-GKY Job Placements
You will be provided training free of cost. There are no registration charges. There are no examination or certification charges. There are no placement charges.
- Aadhaar Card or similar bio-metric ID Card.
- A Bank Account with your name.
- You will get completely free food and accommodation in a training program where you need to go for your training at distant training centre.
- Meal and transportation cost will be transferred directly in your bank account.
- You are entitled to free books, uniform and learning material.
- Get free computer for your work at training centre
- Skill Training Certificate which will be awarded by NCVT or SSC when the training gets complete
- Placements and Interviews at no cost of candidate and job with minimum salary of Rs 6000 to the candidate
- Salary after placement will be provided for 2-6 months:
- Placed in own state, with the town smaller than your hometown, then salary will be transferred for 2 months
- Placed in own state with district HQ larger than your hometown district, than salary will be credited for 3 months
- If you are placed outside of your state salary will be credited for 6 months
- All these payments will be credited directly to your bank account.
When you are selected to industrial trainings you are entitled to following benefits or stipends:
- Rs4500 for your travel expenses from your location to the job location
- Rs 5000 job stipend when its confirmed by the company you have joined for training
- And when your training gets complete , you will get a job of minimum Rs 10000
And if you are talented enough you can land yourself a job with monthly salary package of Rs 30,000.
With this special programme rural youth have become more skilled and it also helps them of making an individual aware to opportunities can take to take a particular job. The youths have been counseled in such a way that their thinking has been affected and they now have broader mindset, therefore making the youth more employable and self-dependent. They are trained in such a way that they are exposed to work environment which is prevalent in the current industry. Poor youth has been benefited a lot from this DDU-GKY yojana as they are offered minimum monthly wages as per the standard set by the government of India.
This scheme is great opportunity for the rural youth to come and join this skill based training program started under our honorable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji. Already so many youth have been trained by this program and more are entitled to get trained. The trained youth will create ample opportunities for themselves and thus it will resolve one of the most common problems of unemployment in India. You just need to do nothing for this scheme. The yojana just need your time, dedication and hard work.
Go; get yourself a dream job as someone has rightly said:“No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything. Control your own destiny or someone else will.”